Serves 4 (12 pieces)
- 12 pieces of mini bell peppers, tops off, and hollowed out
- 1 cup raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the raw shrimp, cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and salt into a food processor and pulse until no large lumps are formed. Remove the mixture from the food processor.
- Using a small spoon or piping bag, stuff approximately 1 Tbsp. of the shrimp paste filling into each baby pepper.
- Pour the vegetable oil in a heavy bottom skillet and preheat it over medium high heat.
- Pan sear the stuffed peppers on all sides until golden in color.
- Place the seared peppers onto a parchment paper lined baking tray and bake inside the preheated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear from the peppers. Remove the peppers from the oven and serve.